Friday, May 28, 2010

Ms. Busy Legs

I know I haven't blogged in a long time, and it's really not my fault. Someone went and learned how to move around on her own, and things just haven't been the same since. My days are spent picking up all of the many, many things that Evelyn can now get her hands on and pulling them out of her mouth.

I've got a whole new appreciation for what Sisyphus went through. She crawls over to the clothes drying rack and pulls down everything on the lower levels. As I'm putting wet laundry back up, she's crawling over the the DVD player to open it and pull the discs out. I drag her away from the electronics and unplug them, and she's pulling at the dog's tail. I stop her from harassing the poor dog, and she's scooting under the coffee table to yank on the cord to the laptop.

Add a full seven seasons of Buffy* to get through and my attempts to keep up with the New Yorker (futile), and I've got about 4 and a half minutes per day which isn't spoken for.

*I'm only sorry that it took me until this year to realize how awesome teenagers fighting vampires can be. Also, it's basically a documentary. I mean, Sunnydale, Sunnyvale? It's a thin disguise, and I see right through it. Really, I'm learning history!

No comments:

Post a Comment