Monday, June 7, 2010

Appreciation

It's kind of sad. I know, deep in my heart, that Evelyn will probably never truly appreciate me and her dad. She'll probably think we're superheroes until she's about 8, disdain us when she's a pre-teen/teen, hopefully think we're alright after all when she's in her early twenties, and might even have an epiphany about how much we love her when she has kids of her own. But will she know that I just spent almost an hour researching and deciding on the absolute best shape sorting toy out there (which, by the way, costs twenty-five bucks for some dadgum reason)? Will she know that her dad used to rock her to sleep every night until he got a repetitive stress injury in his wrist? Will she know that we could have been in Hawaii RIGHT NOW if it wasn't for her?

Nope. And still, I love being a parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment