Saturday, January 9, 2010

We're back, and ready to rumble.

I had been planning to write this post about how we FINALLY got Evelyn to go to sleep before 10:30 pm, and all it took was two weeks on the east coast to reset her internal clock. Last night, and the night before, she went to bed at 8:01 and 8:04 respectively, and was down for the count until about 6:00 or 6:30. You'd think I would have learned this in Statistics, but two data points doth not a pattern make. It is now 9:00 pm, and she is wriggling happily, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, on her changing table as I ignore her. And I know, I'm an awful parent, and I should be engaging her in enriching activities instead of periodically blowing on her paper bird mobile, but DAMMIT, this was supposed to be Mommy time.

I think she must have overheard me naively tell Alex how excited I was, because if she's in bed by eight, we could go out! We could just get a sitter to stay with her while she sleeps, and I wouldn't have to be even a little miserable thinking about how we had probably hired a serial killer who was shaking her or selling her on Craigslist. So anyway, here we are at 9:42, and I just put her down. Meh, going out is overrated anyway. Thank sweet baby Jesus for the DVR.

No comments:

Post a Comment